Pet Wellness Exams in Saugus
We’re Focused on Your Pet’s Health & Wellness
At Saugus Animal Hospital, we feel that preventative medicine is the best way to maintain your pet’s health. Just as you visit the doctor regularly, animals need regular check-ups to ensure they are as healthy as possible. Regular exams can allow for early disease detection and can help us better monitor your pet’s health over time.
To schedule a pet wellness exam in Saugus, call our team at (781) 570-5751 today.
What to Expect from a Wellness Exam
A typical wellness exam consists of checking your pet’s physical systems to ensure that everything looks, feels and sounds normal. Appointments also include discussions about your pet’s diet, exercise, likes and dislikes, home environment, and any general changes in behavior and activity.
Additional services we may provide during a wellness exam include:
- Vaccinations to protect your pet against infectious diseases according to your pet’s individual factors and the guidelines set by the American Veterinary Medical Association and the American Animal Hospital Association.
- Screenings for your pet’s eyes, ears, heart, lungs, skin, coat, musculoskeletal system, endocrine system, teeth, and gums.
- Testing in our on-site laboratory as appropriate for your pet’s age and symptoms.
- Consultations about protecting pets and human family members against common parasites including heartworms, fleas, and ticks.
- Preventative dentistry services and education about year-round dental care.
- Discussions about spay and neuter options to avoid unwanted litters, behaviors, and health issues.
- Considerations for the HomeAgain® microchip system
- Education and advice on any and all topics of discussion and questions you may have about your pet’s behavior, nutritional needs, and wellness.
During your visit, we’ll provide you with the most up-to-date information about available treatments and healthcare options. Our doctors and technicians will answer any questions you have and share our knowledge of specific health needs that could be associated with your pet’s species, breed, gender, and age.
Your pet’s wellness examination gives us an opportunity to establish a relationship with you and your pet. Through your pet’s physical examinations, other wellness procedures, and our consultations with you, we get to know your pet and learn about him or her. We encourage you to use wellness examinations to take an active role in your pet’s health care.
When to Schedule a Wellness Exam
We recommend that patients visit us for a wellness exam at least once a year. Cats and dogs who are eight years or older and pets with certain illnesses should be seen more frequently.
Is it time to schedule your pet’s wellness exam? Call Saugus Animal Hospital at (781) 570-5751 or contact us online today.
“Everyone is so friendly and professional. Dr. Binder is the best vet ever.”- Leesa B.
“He was so gentle and comfortable with my dog that he wasn’t even shaking, which he usually does at these visits.”- Annette B.
“I have always been treated with care and kindness and most of all my Lucas gets the best from Dr.Binder and his staff. Thank you so much for caring for me and Lucas.”- Felicia D.