Pet Vaccines in Saugus
Dedicated to Protecting Your Pet’s Health
There is no one-size-fits-all protocol for pet vaccines. A dog or a cat can require different vaccinations based on how often they travel; whether they go outside or remain inside; and whether they visit parks, kennels, or groomers.
At Saugus Animal Hospital, we strive to offer the utmost protection for your pet without over-vaccinating your furry friend. To ensure optimal care, we follow the vaccination guidelines of the American Veterinary Medical Association and the American Animal Hospital Association. We also work with you to understand what your pet needs to maintain his or her health, including lifestyle and risk factors. We encourage you to visit us when it’s time to vaccinate your pet in Saugus.
Call (781) 570-5751 or contact us online to learn more about which vaccines are best suited for your pet.
Vaccines for Cats
- FVRCP vaccine. This protects against feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia (distemper)
- Feline leukemia vaccine. This is recommended for all kittens as a form of protection in case they accidentally sneak outside or become an indoor/outdoor cat. Adult cats should receive this vaccine every two years if they go outside or are exposed to another cat that does.
- Rabies vaccination. This is required by law as it is a fatal virus that is contagious to all mammals, including humans.
Vaccines for Dogs
- DA2PP vaccine. This protects against canine distemper, adenovirus 2, parvovirus, and parainfluenza.
- Bordetella vaccine. This helps to protect your dog from a highly contagious bronchitis commonly known as kennel cough.
- Leptospirosis vaccine. This protects against a bacterial disease that spreads through the urine of infected animals and is even contagious to people.
- Rabies vaccination. This is required by law
- Lyme vaccine. This is recommended for dogs that are exposed to ticks or taken into areas where deer may have been present.
- Canine influenza vaccine. This is recommended for dogs who are frequently boarded or who go to doggy daycare.
To schedule an appointment for pet vaccination in Saugus, call Saugus Animal Hospital at (781) 570-5751.
“Everyone is so friendly and professional. Dr. Binder is the best vet ever.”- Leesa B.
“He was so gentle and comfortable with my dog that he wasn’t even shaking, which he usually does at these visits.”- Annette B.
“I have always been treated with care and kindness and most of all my Lucas gets the best from Dr.Binder and his staff. Thank you so much for caring for me and Lucas.”- Felicia D.