Saugus Animal Hospital’s screening, diagnostic and therapeutic services are state-of-the-art.
Diagnostics & Therapeutics
Our on-site laboratory and radiology capabilities allow us to screen symptom-free pets for common conditions and diagnose pets that are experiencing illness or injury quickly and accurately. The sooner we identify a health issue, the sooner we can develop and consult you on a customized treatment plan for your pet.
The Saugus Animal Hospital veterinarians and staff are experienced in and knowledgeable about the full spectrum of injuries and illnesses. We are able to diagnose and treat a full range of conditions including, but not limited to:
- Skin and ear disorders
- Food allergies
- Heart, lung, and blood diseases
- Broken bones
- Muscle and joint conditions
- Fleas, ticks, mites, and other parasites
- Chronic conditions, such as diabetes, hyperthyroidism, and Cushing’s Disease
We are committed to your pet’s health and well-being and promise to work closely with you and consult with local board-certified specialists when your pet requires additional expertise.
Saugus Animal Hospital’s diagnostic services include:
- On-site veterinary laboratory services that are able to generate test results within a couple of hours, or quicker if necessary. Tests commonly processed in our laboratory include skin scrapings, complete blood counts, blood chemistry profiles, urinalysis and needle biopsies. Non-urgent testing and less-common tests may be processed by an outside lab, with results available within 24 hours
- Digital radiology and ultrasound to evaluate bones, muscles, joints and internal organs and structures. Digital radiology is computerized, which provides a high level of detail and allows us to share the images and discuss your pet’s condition with you immediately. We can also easily send the images to a veterinary specialist if your pet requires specialty care.